Greetings lovely and handsome DWW writers!
Our next DWW event is the ONTV taping of "Speak, Poetry" on
Here are the details:
- Address: Lake Orion ONTV: 1349 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, MI 48360
- Orion Center Building. Senior Center entrance on right, ONTV entrance on left
- Parking in front of building
- Phone #: 248-693-3377
- Arrival time:
- Taping time:
- Seating capacity is 30
- DWW President will welcome audience and viewers, give brief history of DWW, and introduce each reader
- Taping concludes by
- THIS IS NOT LIVE TAPING. The reading will be edited for viewing on YouTube and Lake Orion ONTV.
- A green screen will be used for taping, so avoid wearing green clothing.
- Joe Johnson (who was on the panel at the September DWW Conference) will mock Detroit Working Writers lettering into the screen to identify the group.
- We’re encouraged to bring refreshments, including coffee and tea. Joe says it makes the event more welcoming.
- Guidelines for poetry lines and fiction/nonfiction word count: since this is going on the air, subject matter should be for general audiences. Each reader has @ 10 minutes.
Only DWW members can read, but family/friends/nonmembers are welcome to be in the audience. We have four DWW members signed up to read thus far; we would love to have more!
Please RSVP to
by, if you are interested in participating. MUST BE A MEMBER to read. Contact for membership information