Monday, July 2, 2012

What's New from Author Gail Gaymer Martin Jul Aug 2012 #mwn

What's New? 
From Author 
Gail  Gaymer Martin 
July & August 2012


As I told you last month, I am combining the July and August newsletter since I will be away for a number of days in both July and August. As always the month flew past, and I can't believe it is now July.

July is a month filled with family birthdays. We will also be enjoying our niece's garden wedding and the company of out of town relatives some of who will be staying with us. Our 4th of July celebration should be a big one with so many relatives on hand. One of the things I've been doing besides writing is singing solos with my church as well as singing with our praise team. Music is something that I love and God has given me the talent so I delight in using it for Him. The picture above is one of those days I sang a solo.

 

A Dream of His Own is no longer in most stores, but if you missed getting a copy, you can still purchase it with the link found below on Amazon or any of the online bookstores. You can also put the book on most any Ereader. It's available on Kindle, Nook and others.

I'm waiting to hear from my editors on their decisions on my latest three-book proposal which will continue the stories begun in Her Valentine Hero to be released in February 2013. I hope they like the stories since I've done research already for the three of them.

I'm also working on two longer novels in the genre of women's fiction with a romance. These are stories I have enjoyed creating because the longer books allow me to explore the characters more deeply.

I'm happy to let you know that Small Town Christmas (in the duet novel Christmas Gifts) received  2012 Golden Quill Award. What makes this award special is the novella competed against both Christian and secular novels and came out the winner. Click here to purchase.  If you missed my last newsletter, you may not know that A Family Of Their Own received the 2012 Holt Medallion Award of Merit. These wins are always wonderful validation that the novels are touching people's hearts and I give God the glory.

I spent three days in Grand Rapids, Michigan teaching at the American Christian Writers conference and meeting some great people who are learning to write fiction. Though the work is tiring with presenting six workshops, two hours of consultations, and a Q & A at the end of the conference, I still love to share the expertise I have with the conferees.

On the way home, my husband and I had a rare experience of viewing a huge group of hot air balloons descending from the sky. It was getting near dusk when they must land, and the area is popular for ballooning. The colors and sight were amazing. 

Recently I read Brandilyn Collins' suspense novel, Gone To Ground. She is known for her seatbelt suspense, so if you don't like to be scared this isn't the book for you, but I enjoyed it very much. It's the story of a serial killer and numerous people who think they have proof of who did it, but they all have someone different in mind. Great plot.

I'm presently reading a delightful novel, Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise, by Christian novelist, Joyce Magnin. The book is delightful with quirky characters and an interesting plot.

I hope some of you participated in the Christian Fiction Scavenger Hunt which ran for a long weekend. We had a great time and many people won free books.


Dreams Come True 

 

 

Book 1

A Dad Of His Own 

Love Inspired
March 2011  

Order Here

 

 

Book 2

A Family Of Their Own

Love Inspired
September 2011

Order Here

 

 

Book 3

A Dream Of His Own

Order Here

Love Inspired
June 2012

 

 


STILL AVAILABLE   

Dad In Training           Click here to purchase 

Groom In Training      Click here to purchase

Bride In Training         Click here to purchase

Monterey Memories    Click here to purchase 

Christmas Gifts          Click here to purchase


2012 APPEARANCES, TRAVEL AND EVENTS

July and August - Trip to Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Como, Italy) celebrating my sister's 25th wedding anniversary.


RECIPE

Here's a recipe from a reader that I thought you might enjoy. Carol Carnell from Nova Scotia sent me this recipe from her cousin in England.

Oslo Steak

4 beef steaks - (I use round steak)
1 finely chopped onion
1 c water
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp bisto or 1 oxo cube (beef stock cube)
1 tsp
Worcestershire sauce

1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp ketchup

Cut meat into serving size pieces and place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with onion.
Mix all remaining ingredients together and pour over meat and onions.

Bake @ 350 for 2 hours. Serve with potatoes and green beans.


GAIL'S FREE BOOK CONTEST DRAWING

The winner of the July free autographed book and small gifts is Debby Guyette from Connecticut. The free book drawings are held six times a year: January, March, May, July, September, and November, offering you six opportunities to win, but you must sign the guestbook for each drawing. The next drawing will be in September, so please drop by www.gailmartin.com and look in the boxed area for the Read and Sign My Guestbook. I love to hear from you.

SHARE THIS NEWSLETTER

If you have friends or family who love to read, please share this newsletter, and invite your friends to subscribe for all the monthly news.


DO YOU HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS?

When you change email addresses, please don't forget to re-subscribe to this newsletter with your new email address. You can delete the old or you can let it stay and it will be deleted automatically by Ezine Director who manages my newsletter account.


FAITH THOUGHT

This time of year we enjoying watching the earth sprout flowers. The seeds we planted earlier in the spring poke their heads from the soil and the bulbs planted in the fall now become flowers coloring our gardens. Jesus said in Matthew 17:20, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." We often forget that faith is what makes things happen, but just as the bulbs planted in the fall do not blossom until the following spring or summer, the results of what we plant may take time to grow. Let's not be discouraged when our words seem to fall on hard ground or our prayers seem to be unanswered.

 As God has promised, He hears our prayers and answers when the time is right. He uses our words to His good when they make the greatest impact. Nothing we do for the Lord goes away empty. We wait for God's time to respond to our prayers and for Him to let our words bear fruit.

                                                     Gail   

                                                                                                                                             



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Daily Updates

Subscribe to motownwriters

Free to join | Connect | Network!