Monday, April 18, 2016

Help The #Michigan Metaphorical Melee #fundraising via @deonteosayande #KnightsArtChallenge

I'm currently in the fundraising stages of producing The Michigan Metaphorical Melee. What that is is a biannual four part festival dedicated to poetry in the state of Michigan. There will be a team poetry slam featuring teams from 8 different cities in the state, a theatrical production where poets will be directed into both writing and performing their own parts in a play, workshops for writers and performers, and a showcase for local poetry publishers and writers.

https://www.patronicity.com/project/the_michigan_metaphorical_melee#/

In November I was one of the Knight Arts Challenge winners with the Knight Foundation last year and in order for me to receive the grant that the foundation is awarding me for this project I have to match the funds in the amount of $4,000. This online fundraiser is one in a series of efforts that will acquire that funding match. The online fundraiser is aiming for only $1,000 to get enough to secure the venues for the festival and to lock down specific dates for the event. There is more information at the link that I'm posting in this email. I know you said to include pictures so I added one of the logos for the festival and one of me in case people want to know who is behind the project.

Thank you, I appreciate if you're able to share it and I think it will be a phenomenal addition to the literary community in the city and statewide.




The online fundraiser ends on May 17th


Deonte Osayande is a former track and field sprinter turned writer from Detroit, Mi. He writes nonfiction and poetry. His poems have been nominated for the Best of the Net Anthology, a Pushcart Prize and published in numerous publications. He has represented Detroit at multiple National Poetry Slam competitions. He's currently a professor of English at Wayne County Community College, and teaching youth through the Inside Out Detroit Literary Arts Program. 

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Daily Updates

Subscribe to motownwriters

Free to join | Connect | Network!