Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation - "Blessings In Disguise" via @monicamjones

click thru for details






Monday Morning Motivation
"Blessings In Disguise"

Greetings!

Everything happens for a reason. My Mother always said this to me when I was younger. It has stuck with me over the years and continues to ring true time after time.

 

Recently I was offered the opportunity to facilitate some workshops and I was asked to send over my rates. I was excited about it and I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity for me to take my own advice (from a previous Monday Morning Motivation) and ask for what I was worth. When I started out as a motivational speaker, trainer and consultant, I would often do appearances for free to get my name out, show people my skills, and give back to the community.  Now that I have begun to build a brand and a name for myself, and people know that I offer high quality work, I've decided that this is a great time to begin to charge at least the industry standard for the work that I do.

 

I created a scope of work and submitted my request for payment.  There was a quick turnaround time and I had tons of other stuff going on in my life, so I didn't feel bad about asking for what I asked for. Some time passed and I got the news that they could not approve the amount I requested because their budget would not allow for it.

 

In the past I would have been extremely disappointed, but I took it well knowing that things that may look like a disappointment are often just a blessing in disguise. 

 

It didn't take long for that disguised blessing to show up.  Once I found out that I wasn't going to do the engagement, I spent the extra time that I'd allotted for preparation for an upcoming real estate auction that I planned to participate in with my new investing company.

 

To make a long story short, my partner and I ended up with four amazing investment properties, two of which were two family units, so you might as well say that we have six.  We got all of these amazing houses for a total of $2850. One of my properties was a gigantic, beautiful single family home that I won for ONLY $500! 

 

Had I taken that trip to do that speaking engagement, I never would have won so wonderfully in this real estate auction. I wouldn't have been present to give the time, energy and attention needed to acquire the properties that we won. Now, instead of that one time payment for the speaking engagement, I have properties that will continue to bring in rental income month after month for years to come.

 

I shared this experience to show that we must not let setbacks or disappointments take us out. They are often just blessings in disguise. The next time that something happens that you're not happy about, take a step back before you get upset and wait patiently for the blessing that is disguised by the problem.

 

 

The Monday Morning Motivation Book Release Celebration is THIS SATURDAY!

WHO: Author and Motivator Monica Marie Jones
(www.MonicaMarieJones.com)


WHAT: The "Monday Morning Motivation" Book Release Celebration!

WHEN: Saturday November 12, 2011 from 12:00PM to 4:00PM

WHERE: At The Essence of Motown Literary Jam and Conference
Literary Market Place
located in The Virgil Carr Cultural Center
311 E. Grand River
Detroit, MI 48226


WHY: (Book Synopsis) Monday morning is a new beginning...a fresh start! It's a time to start over and get it right this time. Sadly, for many it is a time of dread and despair at the mere thought of having to embark upon another week in a situation where they don't want to be. Monday mornings are an amazing opportunity to re-energize, refresh and refocus so it's time to change the way that we think about them.

Just like a good cup of coffee or a warm ray of sunshine, the motivational messages in this book give you that boost that you need to start your week off right. Each chapter will leave you encouraged, inspired and excited about the new week that lies ahead.
~

50 Swag Bags FILLED with all types of FREE goodies will be given to the first 50 people to purchase a book at the event.

SPONSORS:
The Motown Writers Network www.motownwriters.com
Author Sylvia Hubbard www.sylviahubbard.com
Yum Delish www.yumdelish.com
The Literary Loft www.literaryloft.com
Inspirationista Ink www.inspirationistaink.com
Nicole Ashley Allen Photography
Chris Lee www.chrisleelifestyle.com
Stylicia Bowden www.releasethepen.com
Religious Expressions www.religiousexpressions.net
Natural Touch Detroit www.naturaltouchdetroit.com
Wearing My Feelings On My Sleeve   
More Sponsorship Opportunities Available. Contact TheLiteraryLoft@gmail.com for more information


Sincerely,
Monica Marie Jones
www.monicamariejones.com 
The Literary Loft
www.literaryloft.com
Like me on FacebookView my profile on LinkedInFollow me on TwitterVisit my blogView my videos on YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Daily Updates

Subscribe to motownwriters

Free to join | Connect | Network!