Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What's New from Author Gail Gaymer Martin June 2012

What's New? 
From Author 
Gail  Gaymer Martin 
June 2012


Time has passed with the speed of a fastball. I'm always astounded when I check the calendar and see another month has gone. Here we are in June. I hope you've already picked up your copy of A Dream of His Own. I'm sure I told you that the book received 4-1/2 stars in Romantic Times and that's as high as they go. It means "exceptional." I was thrilled. This book closes out the Dreams Come True series and answers the question who was the single donor for the foundation and why? The book has also received many lovely reviews. You can see some on Amazon.com. If you haven't purchased it yet, you still have time. The novel will be in K-Mart, Walmart, Target and bookstores until the last week of the month and then is available at online book stores. It's also available on Kindle and other ereaders.

I taught an online workshop through the first weeks in May and had a chance to meet numerous new writers and teach them about plotting a novel. It's not an easy process but my tips should help them make their stories better. I try to learn new writing techniques and correct flaws in my writing with each book, and one reader wrote me a lovely letter to thank me for "giving readers credit for remembering what they had already read." That's called redundancy, and yes, I'd been working on that in my last couple of books.

I've been home most of the month, except for an overnight trip, and finally completed my next book proposal based on sisters. The first book is Her Valentine Hero to be released in February 2013. I'm excited about the new series.

I'm so pleased to tell you that two of my books out last year have become finalists in three contests.

A Family Of Their Own - is a finalist in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence and also received the 2012 Holt Medallion Award of Merit.

Small Town Christmas (in Christmas Gifts) is a finalist in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence and a finalist in the 2012 Golden Quill Award.

I praise God for His blessings and the validation of my work for Him.


Besides writing, May is the month for planting flowers in our gardens. We have perennials but we also update those and add annuals to our flower boxes and pots. I love the roses because they look beautiful in vases and bring a little natural beauty into my home. To me, flowers are one of the Lord's wonderful gifts for us to enjoy. I can't imagine how glorious they will be in heaven. 



One very nice experience this month was to hear from one of my former students who was in town and wanted to see me for a brief visit. I wanted to take him to lunch, but instead, he came to our home and we had a wonderful visit for about two hours, reminiscing and catching up on his life since he graduated many years ago. His compliments regarding my teaching and how I'd influenced who he'd become touched me deeply.


Also I want to tell you about a wonderful novel I just finished reading. Echoes of Titanic by Mindy Starnes Clark and her husband John takes readers into the past with the dramatic story of the Titanic, weaving the past into the present, tied together by family relationships. Filled with suspense, historical accuracy, emotion, drama and romance, this novel can't be beat. It grabbed me and wouldn't let go. It's available in bookstores, online bookstores and also on Kindle and other Ereaders. Don't miss this wonderful book in memory of the 100th year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

This coming month I will be teach at the American Christian Writers conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan and otherwise, I will be home and working on other writing projects until I hear if my book proposal was accepted. It's with my agent now and will be with my editor soon.

The following months, I will be traveling and I will combine the July and August newsletter. When I return, I'll share all my travel news with you with photos too. I hope your June will be one of joy and good things.



Win 23 Christian Fiction Novels - Now through June 4 at noon Mountain Time

Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to be part of the first Christian Fiction Scavenger Hunt. The Grand Prize is 23 novels donated by 23 Christian authors. It's fun and easy. The event started May 31 and runs to June 4 at noon. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from a drawing on June 4. The object is to collect the words you need to form a statement and you find each word on a different site. You'll be provided the links as you move along. Many authors are also adding bonus prizes with free books of their own so you have more than one chance to be a winner. The first stop where you'll learn the rules and receive the first clue to the puzzle is:

www.lisabergren.com Have fun and don't miss this!

 


Dreams Come True 

 

 

Book 1

A Dad Of His Own 

Love Inspired
March 2011  

Order Here

 

 

Book 2

A Family Of Their Own

Love Inspired
September 2011

Order Here

 

 

Book 3

A Dream Of His Own

Order Here

Love Inspired
June 2012

 

 


STILL AVAILABLE   

Dad In Training           Click here to purchase 

Groom In Training      Click here to purchase

Bride In Training         Click here to purchase

Monterey Memories    Click here to purchase 

Christmas Gifts          Click here to purchase


2012 APPEARANCES, TRAVEL AND EVENTS

June 22 & 23 - American Christian Writers Conference, Grand Rapids, MI. Ramada Plaza Hotel, 3333 28th Street SE. http://www.acwriters.com/ Hit Conference tab, then Grand Rapids.

July and August - Trip to Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Como, Italy) celebrating my sister's 25th wedding anniversary.


RECIPE

This recipe came from my writer friend, Carol Steward also with Love Inspired. I love peanut butter cookies and these are like cookies but in a bar. You can cut them small or larger for parties or just to enjoy with your family. Cookies freeze well so if you don't want to eat the whole batch at one time, you can keep them fresh in your freezer. You'll also find a recipe for frosting which is optional. They're excellent with or without.

Peanut Butter Brownies

Makes a 12 x 18 pan, but can be cut in half for a 9 x 13 pan.
3 cups sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup oil (I used ¾ cup applesauce and ¼ cup oil)
6 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

Cream together.

Sift dry ingredients together:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Add gradually to the above mixture and mix until smooth. Spread in a greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Optional - if you'd like to frost these, here's the recipe from Carol.


Frosting – ¼ cup Crisco, ¼ cup Water, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 lb (3-4 cups) powdered sugar, and ¼ - ½ cup peanut butter. Mix and add a little more water if it's too thick.


GAIL'S FREE BOOK CONTEST DRAWING
The winner of the May free autographed book and small gifts is Jane Squires from Missouri. The free book drawings are held six times a year: January, March, May, July, September, and November, offering you six opportunities to win, but you must sign the guestbook for each drawing. The next drawing will be in July, so please drop by www.gailmartin.com and look in the boxed area for the Read and Sign My Guestbook. I love to hear from you.

SHARE THIS NEWSLETTER
If you have friends or family who love to read, please share this newsletter, and invite your friends to subscribe for all the monthly news.


DO YOU HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS?
When you change email addresses, please don't forget to re-subscribe to this newsletter with your new email address. You can delete the old or you can let it stay and it will be deleted automatically by Ezine Director who manages my newsletter account.

FAITH THOUGHT

A novel I read recently quoted this verse from Ecclesiastes 1:7: All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again. The words reminded me that when we love our Lord, His love never ends. It returns to us as it flows to Him. What a blessed gift. But the verse says more to me. As we touch others with God's love, the acts we do in Jesus' name returns to the Lord and comes to us again with His blessings. The Lord looks at our hearts and knows our intention to share His love with others. Each time you act or respond to someone in your life, the kindnesses you do are swept to the Lord in the waters of grace and return with blessings. Thank you Jesus

                                                                                               Gail  

                           

                                                                                                                                             



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Daily Updates

Subscribe to motownwriters

Free to join | Connect | Network!