|On October 5th, 2011 Victor R. Volkman and Donna Winters spoke with |
writer, broadcaster, and historical fiction writer Susan Violanteabout
incorporating research from oral history into fiction and non-fiction
contexts. In 2020, she published her Young Adult novel Innocent War:
Behind and Immigrant's Past — Book One. She currently works as the
Editorial Assistant for Reader Views and First Chapter Plus. During
the course of her writing she used tapes her father recorded as well
as one-on-one interviews to flesh out the events, characters, and
emotions that she hoped to capture in her book. In this wide-ranging
discussion, we covered those issues and much more:
* Researching for your book
* Benefits of Interviewing as a research tool when writing any story
* Different Interviewing tools and techniques.
* Quick tips to interview like a professional.
* How to use your story's research to Market your book.
* Creating Podcasts using recorded interviews done during story research.
* Using your contacts generated through story research to promote your book.
Download the f-ree podcast at http://tinyurl.com/sviolante
Authors Access: 30 Success Secrets for Authors and Publishers http://authorsaccess.com/success-secrets
Follow Us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/vvolkman