Here's what's happening this month:
1. Creative Writing workshop with Ann Holdreith, Wednesday, October 12, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Oakwood Family Center/Learning Center, Room B, email@example.com or . . $10 (checks to Springfed Arts).
2. Musing, poetry & music gathering and open mic with Ann Holdreith, Bill Bynum & Company (John Lang, Chuck Anderson and Mary Seelhorst) and Writer L. Bush, Sunday, October 16, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m., The Historic www.annholdreith.com, www.springfed.org., . or
3. Oakwood Common Expressions writing workshop with Michael Madigan, Thursday, October 20, 2:15 – 3:30 p.m., Oakwood Common Retirement Community, Craft Room, firstname.lastname@example.org or .. Free.
4. Swords Into Plowshares – Benefit Poetry Events
· Sunday, November 6, 1 - 3 pm, at Swords Into Plowshares Center Gallery, 33 E. Adams on , Detroit, with readings by Terry , Vievee Francis, Matthew Olzmann and Christine Rhein.
· Sunday, November 13, 2 - 4 pm, at David Strong home, , RSVP , with Sophia Rivkin, Lucinda Sabino, Angela Williams and Alexander Morgan.
5. Oakwood Creative Writing workshop with M.L. Liebler, Wednesday, November 9, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Oakwood Family Center/Learning Center, Room B, 18501 Rotunda Drive, Dearborn 48124. $10 (checks to Springfed Arts). email@example.com or (313) 586-4902.
6. Springfed Arts Fall Writing Workshops. $100 per workshop (members), $140 (non-members). Financial aid available. Register online at Springfed Arts.
· Poetry and Prose with Carolyn Walker: (2 classes). Tuesday nights: L. A. Cafe, Waterford, 7 - 9 p.m, October 11 - November 15. Friday days: Academy of Forensics and Dramatic Arts, downtown , 10 a.m. - noon, October 14 - November 18.
· Fiction with Kelly Fordon: Library, Tuesday nights, October 11 - November 15, 7 - 9 p.m.
· Fiction with Joe Ponepinto: Springfed Arts, , Wednesdays, October 12 - November 16, 7 - 9 p.m.
· Memoir with Nancy Owen Nelson: at Nelson Studio, , Wednesdays, October 12 - November 16, 7 - 9 p.m.
· Poetry Workshop with Dawn McDuffie: Arts League-Virgil Carr Center, Detroit, Tuesday nights, October 11 - November 15, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
· Advanced Poetry Workshops with Mary Jo Firth Gillett: (3 classes). Tuesday nights, October 11 - November 15, 7 - 9 p.m., Jane Addams School, Royal Oak. Wednesday afternoons, October 12 - November 16, 1 - 3 p.m., Birmingham's Library. Wednesday nights, October 12 - November 16, 7 - 9 p.m., Jane Addams School, Royal Oak.
· Poetry Workshop with Zilka Joseph: Apartments Clubhouse, , Wednesdays, October 12 - November 16, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. (Note: this class priced at $150 for intensity).
· Poetics with Vievee Francis: Café 1923, , Mondays, October 10 - November 14, 7 - 9 pm.
Oakwood Creative Writing is a personal development program that promotes health through the active use, full rounding and recognition of participants' creative and intellectual gifts. Writers explore their individual styles, strengthen their powers of description, expression and narrative, and practice with others to communicate more vigorously and entertainingly. All residents of age 15 and older who love to write and who use writing as a creative outlet or career focus are invited to our workshops. OCW is presented in collaboration with Oakwood Arts for the Spirit and Springfed Arts/Metro Detroit Writers and funded by the Oakwood Foundation.