Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What's New? from author Gail Gaymer Martin April 2012 #michlit



What's New? 
From Author 
Gail  Gaymer Martin 
April 2012


March was busy with Lenten midweek worship services and soup suppers and the preparation of Easter music at church. I'm singing with the choir as well as our praise team, and since returning from Sedona, I've returned to my position in handbells. On Easter the bells will be playing with a trumpet solo—Fanfare for Easter with the tune Jesus Christ is Risen Today. I rehearse on Wednesday and Thursday evenings.

Last Sunday I attended the Detroit Lutheran Singers concert. This is the group that I sing with, but naturally missing two months of rehearsals meant I couldn't sing this concert. I knew many of the numbers and some were my favorites, but the music is too difficult to just pop in and sing. I enjoyed seeing my dear DLS friends, and I look forward to returning to the group in the fall.


I had a lovely surprise when I received copies of the new Love Inspired Trade books with real large print. It's wonderful for people with limited sight or those who want to avoid eye strain. It's attractive, but costs more. But please spread the word to people who might want the much larger print.

 

Finding time to read is a problem when I'm writing a book or a proposal, but I've been reading when I can. I finished Marta Perry's Hide In Plain Sight which I enjoyed, and I'm now reading an excellent James Patterson novel called Tuesdays At Tiffanys. It's an unusual story, but I really love it.

One more month and I will have a new book in the bookstores and online as a paperback and also Kindle. It is available in other ereader books as well. Please look for it. It's Ava's story, and as I mentioned before, it answers the question running throughout the books. Who is the lone donor to the Dream Come True Foundation. . .and why?

Wishing you a blessed Easter.


Dreams Come True 

 

 

Book 1

A Dad Of His Own 

Love Inspired
March 2011  

Order Here

 

 

Book 2

A Family Of Their Own

Love Inspired
September 2011

Order Here

 

 

Book 3

A Dream Of His Own

 

Love Inspired
June 2012

 

 


STILL AVAILABLE   

Dad In Training           Click here to purchase 

Groom In Training      Click here to purchase

Bride In Training         Click here to purchase

Monterey Memories    Click here to purchase 

Christmas Gifts          Click here to purchase


2012 APPEARANCES, TRAVEL AND EVENTS

June 22 & 23 - American Christian Writers Conference, Grand Rapids, MI. Ramada Plaza Hotel, 3333 28th Street SE. http://www.acwriters.com/ 
Hit the Conference tab, then Grand Rapids.


RECIPE

While I was in Sedona, I sent you a recipe that is similar to this one but much more complicated. This recipe is delicious and can also be made as a diet dessert by using fat and/or sugar free ingredients. It's delicious and guests will think it took much longer to make than a few minutes. You can vary this dessert by using apples or strawberries rather than cherries.

Cherries In The Snow
1. Buy angel food cake and pinch it into bite size pieces.
2. Fold in a 16 oz tub of Cool Whip.
3. Mix in a regular size can of cherry pie filling and save a few berries to decorate the top.
4. Refrigerate until time to serve.


GAIL'S FREE BOOK CONTEST DRAWING

The winner of the March free autographed book and small gifts is Dina Cox from California. The free book drawings are held six times a year: January, March, May, July, September, and November, offering you six opportunities to win, but you must sign the guestbook for each drawing. The next drawing will be in May, so please drop by www.gailmartin.com and look in the boxed area for the Read and Sign My Guestbook. I love to hear from you.

SHARE THIS NEWSLETTER

If you have friends or family who love to read, please share this newsletter, and invite your friends to subscribe for all the monthly news.

DO YOU HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS?

When you change email addresses, please don't forget to re-subscribe to this newsletter with your new email address. You can delete the old or you can let it stay and it will be deleted automatically by Ezine Director who manages my newsletter account.


FAITH THOUGHT

Imagine life without the promise of forgiveness of sins, without Jesus sacrificial love, or without the joy of eternity as a gift from God. Easter is a time we celebrate that great Gift, a gift beyond all measure. This Easter joy should not end on Easter Sunday but can be the spirit we carry with us throughout each day as we interact with others and in our prayers when we thank God for His Son Jesus Christ. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Christ is risen. He is risen indeed. Hallelujah.

                                  Gail  



                           

                                                                                              

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Daily Updates

Subscribe to motownwriters

Free to join | Connect | Network!