Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Small Favor: Please Help Me Encourage Children Live a Healthier Lifestyle With My New Book VIA @CalmingCorners


Dear Friends and Colleagues:

I hope this notefinds you well. I am writing to ask for your support regarding my new book Vernon the Vegetable Man, a children's book about health. In the book, Marvin is walking home defeated from a long day at the basketball court. He seesVernon's van thinking it is the ice cream man. Marvin is mistaken and greetedby the community vegetable man who sells produce from his garden to local communities. Vernon helps the young boy change his lifestyle by encouragingexercise and proper eating.

With the disturbing rate of childhood obesity, I knew that Iwanted to make a difference. This is my humble effort to help our children by encouraging them to create and sustain a healthy lifestyle through goal settingand making the right decisions regarding health. The book also encourages children to appreciate the power of fresh produce and gardening.

I feel very passionate about writing, health, and our future. As most of you know I've written about health, beauty and lifestyle formagazines such as Essence, Heart and Soul, Black Health, Uptown, JonesMagazine, Hispanic Executive Quarterly, CentricTV, and Purely Delicious Raw Magazine. With an educational back ground in holistic nutrition I was always interested in health and healing. I wanted to deepen my study so I recently became a certified raw food, coach, educator, and chef. Working in education I feel that to change a generation it starts with the youth. I wrote this book acouple of years ago, with a lot of delays I've come to understand that with surrender and patience timing is everything.

I am reaching out for your support. There are three ways to help.

1. Purchase the softcover book for only $12.95 (www.vernonthevegetableman.com)
2. Spread the word. Feel free to forward this message.
3. "Like" the book on Facebook (www.facebook.com/vernonthevegetableman)  
Thank you for your continued support of my efforts andprojects. This book is a dream come true and I hope that it can help children and families understand the importance of health.
Peace and Blessings,
Yvelette Stines

--
Yvelette Stines
 
Author: Vernon the Vegetable Man | vernonthevegetableman.com | Facebook
---

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

Harriet Tubman

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.
Unknown

 
Follow through. Every time you don't do something you said you would do -- no matter how small -- you lose credibility.
E. Lee

There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
Paulo Coelho


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Daily Updates

Subscribe to motownwriters

Free to join | Connect | Network!